About the position
As a small engine/landscape mechanic, you will be working in a modern, heated shop environment. Your main responsibilities will be to inspect, service, and repair items such as lawnmowers, edge-trimmers, string trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, and other small engine equipment along with an assortment of tools and miscellaneous items. You will also perform maintenance and light repair of tractors, trucks, trailers, and other vehicles and equipment belonging to the company. You will quickly evaluate and determine mechanical, electrical, and fuel problems to make rapid and appropriate repairs.
This is a fulltime position reporting to the Senior Mechanic
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain company equipment and service power equipment on a routine basis to keep equipment optimal and prevent on the job breakdowns including road service repairs
- Repair equipment in a timely manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance and service a wide variety of landscape power equipment.
What you need to join our team
- Must be organized and document all work and services performed.
- Perform parts ordering and inventory control of common parts.
- Must have personal set of common hand tools
- Possess a minimum of 2+ years repair experience with mowers, small engines, 2 cycle equipment.
- Demonstrate a solid mechanical ability to trouble shoot and make repairs on vehicles, tools, and equipment used in landscaping.
- Possess a strong mechanical skill-set including knowledge of basic electrical systems, hydraulic systems, mower technology and engines, including gasoline, 2-stroke, 4-stroke, and diesel.
- Minor fabrication and welding experience preferred
- A team player with good communication abilities: must be good at fostering communication between management, account management and crew leaders.
- Able to drive with trailer is preferred
Other Key Responsibilities
- Must pass E-verify and drug test
- Must have valid Driver’s Licence
- Maintain professional appearance and dress
Why you want to work for us
We strive to support our people to reach their highest potential. In addition to a friendly, supportive company culture, our employees enjoy a comprehensive suite of perks and benefits (some benefits dependent on position):
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401Km ESOP
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Holidays)