Position is responsible for supervising all mowing and horticultural operations within the division. Coordinates with the account manager the procurement and scheduled use of resources, including labor, equipment and materials to ensure maximum use and completion of work within budget, safety guidelines and quality standards. Promotes the growth and development of field staff and assists them in carrying out their responsibilities as needed. Offers support and services to other divisions in the company as needed.
- Consults with Account Manager to understand contract specifications and ensures they are met and maintains customer’s complete satisfaction.
- Conducts timely performance reviews of direct reports and take corrective actions when appropriate. May obtain assistance from Account Manager.
- Coordinate the use of labor, equipment, materials and other resources with other divisions as needed.
- Ensures all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines. Conducts weekly safety training and safety inspections on job-sites.
- Investigates any accident or safety violation, prepares appropriate reports, establishes corrective action intended to prevent future occurrences. Work with Account Manager to define and implement solutions to reoccurring accidents or most common hazards.
- Maintains proper inventory of assigned materials, equipment and other supplies are on hand to complete mowing and horticultural production activities.
- Maintains sufficient staff to accomplish production schedules. Provides input in analyzing and forecasting future needs of staff and material needs to complete future jobs.
- Manages and schedules labor, equipment and material to accomplish mowing production schedules within established budgets. Maintains strict adherence to established schedules and budgets.
- Order materials, equipment and supplies as needed within purchasing limits.
- Overall human resource management of mowing field staff. Provides input on hiring, firing and disciplinary issues. Primary role in training, coaching, mentoring and developing staff to reach potential and established goals for the individual and mowing department. Identify and develop Crew Leaders.
- Participate in actual field production work as needed.
- Provide most recent plans and/or documents to field staff at the beginning of the day and provide instruction to ensure Crew Leader and crew are prepared to complete the job
- Stay aware of best practices. Develop and recommend improved work methods and standards.
- Supervise employees, keeping attendance records, enforcing proper uniform and safety equipment use, and approving time cards.
- Visit job sites on a regular basis as mutually determined with account manager observing organization of work, identifying and resolving training issues, and taking necessary actions to ensure quality.
Educational Requirements & Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite, desired).
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects 40 to 88 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical labor for prolonged periods of time in a wide range of climatic conditions including extremes of heat and cold.
- Must have current driver’s license and good driving record.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the company, including the ability to work overtime, holidays, evenings or weekends as necessary.
- Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling; including weekends as needed.
- Work is performed outdoors away from amenities. Work may be performed in all types of adverse weather conditions, including extremes of heat and cold.
- Edging equipment
- Hedge trimmer
- Line trimmers
- Other equipment as needed
- Personal Computer
- Power blowers
- Rotary self-propelled mowers, 21-60” wide
- Small tools (shovels, pruner, shears, etc.)
- Spraying equipment (hand can)
- Specialized safety equipment