The landscape maintenance account manager is the primary customer contact for contracted accounts within the Commercial Landscape Management Division.
This position clearly communicates contract specifications to production management and works in conjunction with production to perform services in a profitable manner. This position is responsible for necessary follow-up and follow-through to maintain positive customer relations, to ensure complete customer satisfaction and contract renewals.
The landscape maintenance account manager also suggests and sells non-contracted landscape management services to meet the needs of property, increase customer satisfaction and gain additional revenue for the company.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of industry trends in order to identify and act upon opportunities for expanded services.
- Assist in measuring properties and contract renewal process.
- Develop strong positive relationships with customer base based upon clear and frequent communication, mutual trust and ability to meet the customer needs. Develop win-win opportunities for the customer and the company.
- Effectively communicate with production regarding production costs. Work with production to develop strategies and ensure pricing will maintain or exceed targeted profit margins.
- Ensures all estimates are prepared and approved as needed prior to presenting to customer.
- Immediately reports to Director of Commercial Landscape Management any jobs deviating from budgets of time, schedule, cost or any other factor so appropriate adjustments can be made to maximize end result.
- Is aware of billing and collection status on all projects/customers. Advises on credits or collections and works with production, customer to get any collection issues resolved for work sold.
- Maintains a company-owned database of current customers, prospective customers and past customers to support the marketing and sales effort.
- Maintains positive relations with other companies in the industry and related industries.
- Maintains record and tracking of all proposals in progress and timely follows-up to maximize sales opportunities. Aggressively pursues all proposals in progress.
- Meet division guidelines for customer files, reports, and other documentation.
- Monitors activity of crews and works closely with production staff regarding scheduling, quality and customer service. Assure all contracted services provided are of excellent quality and completed in a timely fashion. Communicate to appropriate parties any problem areas and work to find immediate resolution.
- Participates in various industry associations to increase knowledge of marketplace, sales opportunities, the competition, selling techniques and best practices.
- Proactively manage properties by inspecting and locating problems in the landscape before the customer brings to our attention and then communicate problems to customers. Defines a resolution that is within customers’ needs and budgetary parameters.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests for bid in a timely manner.
- Seek and architect opportunity for enhancements and project upgrades that are consistent with customer preferences and promote revenue growth for the company.
- Support and assist in training of production staff to ensure services are delivered in a manner consistent with contract specifications and company standards.
- Works closely with administrative support to make sure all contract administration is timely and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements & Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years related industry experience.
- Will be required to obtain relevant industry certifications within 12 months.
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the company, including the ability to work overtime, holidays, evenings or weekends as necessary.
- Extensive driving within the Memphis Metropolitan area.
- Must be capable of working outdoors and visiting job sites on a regular basis.
- All office equipment, copy machine, fax machine etc.
- Computers and peripherals
- Multi-line telephone system